Since I own my MacBook this is the second time the “Mighty” Mouse has problems with the “steering” wheal (the scroll, of course). The first time, the scroll stopped working and I couldn’t scroll either down or up, but last time the problem was solved quickly by adding pressure to the scroll bar and then clean it.
This time was completely different, the scroll bar stopped working down. All the “hard” methods I’ve applied didn’t work. So what did I do? Here’s the “guide”:
- You take the mighty mouse, un-plugg it and told it tight :)
- You grab a toothbrush, a new one is better.
- You start by “brushing up” the scroll bar, just like you do with your teeth.
- Textures and “dirt” have to come out, clean it away and continue brushing the scroll bar.
By “brushing the scroll bar” I want to say that you have to put the toothbrush hair inside the scroll bar location and then rotate the mouse. It’s simple and you don’t need my “tutorial” for this, you’ll figure it out. The only “ingenious” thing about this “method” of cleaning the mighty mouse is the toothbrush, the rest is up to the cleaner :)
PS: If this doesn’t work… well:
- Get the mighty mouse
- Place it on the floor
- Get a hammer (or something hard)
- Smash the might mouse
- Go to apple.com
- Buy a new mouse :D